Rick Recht is proud to be the national music spokesperson for PJ Library. He enjoys rocking out with families from coast to coast at his PJ Library concerts. Enjoy the interactive resources and activities below to transcend Rick’s PJ Library concert and music into a community and family-building experience.
PJ Library is excited to partner with Rick Recht. Not only is Rick an exceptional musician, singer and songwriter, Rick is a role model for involvement in Jewish life.
Founder of PJ Library
I believe PJ Library is one of the most extraordinary and effective Jewish family and community engagement opportunities of our time. I feel incredibly blessed that, for years, my family has experienced the profound impact of reading and listening to the inspirational and incredibly high-quality PJ Library children’s books and music. On the road, many of the families we meet feel equally blessed to receive PJ Library, providing their families with such fantastic resources and experiences.
FREE MUSIC AND MORE
Click here to download “Kobi’s Lullaby” from the “Free to Be the Jew in Me” CD
Click here to download “The Rainbow Song” from “Look At Me!” CD
Click here to download “Nikayon – The Clean Up Song” from “Look At Me!” CD
Click here to download “Free to be the Jew in Me” from “Free to be the Jew In Me” CD
FUN ACTIVITIES AND RESOURCES!
– PJ LIBRARY STICKERS: Print super cool PJ Library stickers for kids, parents, and grandparents to wear at your PJ Library event! Download these 4 PDF PJ Sticker templates and print on Avery 5294 white laser labels which are 2 1⁄2 “ in diameter. (Hint!) These stickers are not commonly stocked in local office supply stores, but they are available at officedepot.com or you can easily find and order them online.
– COLORING STATION: Set up a Coloring Station at your Rick Recht concert. Print copies of Rick Recht Rainbow illustration for kids to color before and after the Rick Recht show at the Coloring Station. Rick will visit the Coloring Station and autograph pictures.
– HOME ACTIVITY – COLORING: Download and print this PDF. Fill in your favorite colors of the rainbow and draw yourself next to Rick!
– DRAWING ACTIVITY – RAINBOW: Listen to ‘The Rainbow Song.’ 1. Draw a rainbow; 2. Take a picture of your rainbow illustration and post it on your local PJ Library Facebook page. 3. Bring you rainbow drawing to the Rick Recht concert and show Rick! Rick will even sign your Rainbow after the concert!!!
– CLEANING ACTIVITY – CLEAN UP SONG: Listen to ‘The Clean up Song.’ How do you clean up at home? What are your favorite ways to clean up? Post a video of your family cleaning up or share a comment on your local PJ Facebook page.
– DRESSING ACTIVITY – FREE TO BE THE JEW IN ME: Listen to ‘Free to Be the Jew in Me’ song. What do you want to be when you grow up? An astronaut, a teacher, or a scientist? Dress up for the Rick Recht concert!!! Post your picture on your local PJ Library Facebook page.
SINGING WITH FAMILY – LOOK AT ME SONGBOOK: Have fun singing and playing Rick Recht songs at home Download the Look at Me Songbook and Lyrics now!
RICK'S PJ FAVORITES
SYNOPSIS: While working in his grandfather’s bakery, Benny learns the joys of giving and receiving, caring and gratitude. Learn More
SYNOPSIS: Mama Gefilte isn’t thrilled when her curious little ones leave their jar and go out to explore the world, but she can certainly be proud of what they know about being a mensch.Learn More
WORDS FROM PJ PROGRAM PROFESSIONALS
“What a fantastic morning we had at PJ Library Goes Green with Rick Recht! We knew we needed a superstar to capture the attention of the 400+ people we had attending our event and Rick was the first person to come to mind. And he did not disappoint! It was an amazing, high-energy show. It was great to see the parents and kids rocking out to Rick’s music. In our post-event survey, 100% of families responded that Rick’s concert was one of the highlights of the morning. We can’t wait to have him back!.” – Deborah Cooper, PJ Library program director, Chicago, Illinois
“Dear Rick, I wanted to thank you for a terrific weekend in our Palm Beach community. The three different programs at two separate venues were each unique and powerful. Your willingness to work with the Temple staff, lay leaders, and us to achieve the goals and objectives of each unique program was amazing. It is rare that an artist takes the time to do this and it was much appreciated and evident in the success of each event. Your commitment to the PJ Library and your personal connection to it and it’s mission came through at each program. You are such an advocate for PJ and the work we do “in the field”.” – Amy Bergman, Director of Jewish Family Life, Friedman Commission for Jewish Education, West Palm Beach
I think the excitement in the air rivaled that of a Beatles concert….the fans were small but mighty as they braved a stormy night to hear their favorite Jewish Rock Star! Looking around the room, I saw families from all different spectrums of Judaism and from every corner and neighborhood of St. Louis singing, clapping, and dancing. You have an engaging and interactive style that connects with each and every audience member, from the smallest babies to the grandparents. What a magical night! Thank you again!!” – Jennifer Baer Lotsoff, MSW, PJ Library Coordinator, Jewish Federation of St. Louis
“Our PJ Library Family Fun Day was tremendously successful. Hundreds of children and adults played, danced, sang, and connected with one another to PJ Library to The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles and the JCC at Milken. Families made new friends, crafted with the JCC Jewish Day Camp, went on an “I Love Camp” StoryWalk™, and rocked out with Jewish Rock Star Rick Recht! The sun was shining, the music was amazing and the excitement was contagious. Rick was an absolute joy to work with. What a fun day it was!” – Risa Goldstein – PJ Library, West Hills, CA
“This past June, we at PJ Library in Minneapolis were thrilled to be part of an amazing Rick Recht concert. PJ Library joined with seven Jewish earlychildhood centers, the Minneapolis Jewish Day School and our Sholom Home tocreate an awe inspiring community experience! Rick’s energy, spirit, and voice helped bring us all together: dancing, singing, clapping and enjoying ourselves immensely!” – Debbie Berman Wolfe – PJ Library, Minneapolis, MN
“Having Rick come to Milwaukee for our PJ Library concert was AMAZING. The kids loved singing and dancing with him and meeting the “voice on their cds” face-to-face. We were able to reach out to our PJ Library families to let them know he’d be in town as well as to our local synagogues and other Jewish organizations. This truly was a community event. We had two birthday parties who came to the concert and Rick was so great about meeting with them right before the show, teaching them a song and even calling them up on stage to sing with him. This is a GREAT way to build young family and PJ Library community!” – Rabbi Shari Shamash – PJ Library, Milwaukee, WI
In January, the Greater Kansas City PJ Library community rocked to Rick Recht and songs from his new CD release “Look at Me!” With over 300 children, parents and grandparents, this inter-generational program got the audience up and dancing with Rick either on stage or at their seats. We know that these youngsters are still singing and dancing to these Rick Recht songs! – Karen Gerson – PJ Library, Greater Kansas City
We had more than 200 children, parents and grandparents rock out at our Rick Recht concert last spring! It was a great experience not only for our PJ families, but members of the general community that had never visited WRT before. Your back office team and sound person really made it an easy event for our professional staff and volunteers to run. Thanks for an amazing day that left everyone smiling. – Felicia Block, Special Projects Coordinator, Westchester Reform Temple, Scarsdale, NY